Terms and Conditions
The Cookery School at Braxted Park is operated by The Cookery Experience Ltd.
47 Butt Road
Braxted Park Estate does not hold any responsibility or liability for the Cookery School at Braxted Park.
By booking on any of our courses or accommodation you agree to abide by our terms and conditions. We reserve the right to make minor amendments to the Cookery Courses content and prices without notice.
Ingredients, utensils, knives, equipment and aprons are provided for all courses.
What's not included
Prices do not include accommodation. Please refer to each course specification or contact us for accommodation details and prices.
You must be 16 years or over to attend all our cookery courses.
Health & Safety
Cooking requires the use of heat and sharp utensils so there is inevitably a risk of accidents. To minimise risk, all participants should wear shoes with flat, non-slip soles and covered toes, preferably leather. We cannot admit you to the cookery school without proper footwear. We recommend wearing sensible clothing i.e. not your best outfit - we are not liable for any damage that occurs to clothing. Long hair must be tied back in the kitchen. All course participants will receive a short briefing on health and safety before commencing the course as well as a printed handout to take with them.
We accept no liability for personal injury, or any loss of or damage to personal property. We have a strictly no smoking policy.
We reserve the right to ask any student to leave without reimbursement of fees if their behaviour is unsafe or unreasonable in any way.
Special dietary requirements, food allergies & illness
Please inform us in advance of any allergies, disabilities, diabetes, pregnancy, epilepsy, learning difficulties etc. in advance of attending the course.
We are unable to tailor our course content for special dietary requirements unless you are booking a minimum of 10 places on the course. However, we will be happy to discuss course content beforehand to allow you to make your own alternative eating arrangements if necessary. There is no reduction in fee in this instance.
- Gift Vouchers are valid for 1 year from the date of purchase.
- You will not be charged any extra if the price of a course has gone up since the time the Gift Voucher was bought.
- Gift Vouchers can be transferred. They can be used by someone other than the person who was the original recipient.
- Gift Vouchers can be redeemed on line in exchange for your chosen cookery course.
- Alternatively if you wish to discuss your options, please call The Cookery School on 01206 255 041 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once issued, Gift Vouchers are your responsibility. They do not have a cash value.
- If a Gift Voucher is lost by you, it cannot be replaced.
- We cannot redeem lost Gift Vouchers.
- In booking a course at The Cookery School, you are booking for one individual day at the time and date specified and, once booked, you are not able to change the date and time of this course unless we receive 21 day’s notice prior to the date of your course. There are no exceptions to this.
- An administration fee of £30 will be charged to exchange all course bookings.
- All courses are non-refundable.
- If you find you are unable to attend a course, you are welcome to send someone in your place, even at very short notice. However, you must notify us in advance if you wish to do this.
- We reserve the right to change the content on any course without prior notification or consultation.
- In the event of a course being cancelled by The Cookery School, you will receive a full refund or a space on another course. Where a course has been booked using a voucher, the Cookery School will issue aÂ replacement voucher with 12 months expiry.
Cancellations & Refunds Policy
Amending a date - Up to 21 days before the start of your course
This means that you may request a change of course dates up to 21 days before the start of the course and we will happily transfer you to another date, or course subject to availability. A £30 administration charge will apply. You may also request a refund up to 21 days of the start of the course you have booked. Please note there is an administration and handling charge of £15 for processing customer refunds.
Within 21 days of the start of your course
Most bookings for courses at the Braxted Park Cookery School are made many months in advance. It is therefore hard for us to resell any places within 21 days of the start of the course date, and any cancellations within this time can result in lost revenue that affect the ability of the Cookery School to deliver quality courses.
If you cancel your booking within 21 days of the start of your cookery or wine course, you will forfeit any course fees and accommodation associated with your booking.
If for any reason you need to cancel your booking we are quite happy to find you a place on the nearest available course - however you must rebook no later than 21 days before the course starts. This option to rebook applies only once, a second cancellation at any time will result in forfeiture of the total voucher cost. Cancellations within 21 days of the course date will result in forfeiture of the total voucher cost.
Cancellations by Braxted Park Cookery School
In the unlikely event of cancellation by ourselves, we undertake to provide a suitable alternative within a reasonable period of time. If this is not possible, we undertake to make an immediate full refund for course or accommodation fees. Where a voucher was used to book a course, which was cancelled by The Cookery School, we will issue a replacement voucher with 12 months expiry.
Severe Winter Weather
In the event of forecast or actual bad weather, please contact us 24 hours in advance of the course date to ensure that the course will proceed. We reserve the right to cancel a course due to bad weather if conditions are deemed dangerous to travel. In the event of such cancellation, by ourselves, our standard cancellation terms will apply.
Delivery of Cookery Courses & Gift Vouchers
Upon successful completion of a booking with us, you will receive confirmation by email, to your nominated email address. If requested you will also receive gift vouchers by post and any supporting items relating to your order.