The Cookery School Blog
Posted: 7 May 2013 by Jessica Chapman
This class debuted last year on 4th July with a unique and alternative American themed barbecue menu to celebrated American Independence Day.
This year, the class will run on Monday 8th July with a brand new set of dishes offering a fantastic variety of mains, sides, starters and desserts from all over the world. You will learn how to create marinades packed full of flavour to accompany your perfectly barbecued (and locally sourced) chicken, beef and fish mains.
The ‘Afternoon Summer Barbecue’ cookery class will run from 1.30pm to 7.30pm. Beginning in the cookery school, our delegates will prepare all the dishes to then be barbecued and enjoyed in the stunning Walled Garden on the Estate, with a class or wine or bottle of beer in hand.
The prefect gift idea to treat your friends, family or yourself this Summer!
For more information about this class and to book, click here or call us on 01621 890300
Posted: 12 April 2013 by Jessica Chapman
I think we all must be fed up of hearing about the temperamental English weather by now, so let’s step away from our barometers and look forward to what exciting events the Spring months have to offer…
From April through to June, we have got the whole spectrum of world cuisine cookery classes (savoury and sweet) pretty much covered. From Eastern Mediterranean Delights on Thursday 2nd May through to Authentic Italian on Monday 3rd June, there is something to tickle everyone’s taste buds.
So treat a friend or yourself this Spring to a fun and informative cookery day with one of our fabulous professional Chefs on the stunning Braxted Park estate.
Below is a list of upcoming classes, click on the links below or call us on 01621 890300 for more informational about our cookery classes.
- Tuesday 16th: International Tapas with Guy Moore
- Thursday 18th: Indian for Beginners with Padmaja Kochera
- Thursday 25th: Breads & Pastries with Guy Moore
- Monday 29th: Tastes of Thailand with Oi Cheepchaiissara
- Thursday 2nd: Eastern Mediterranean Delights with Hulya Erdal
- Tuesday 7th: Modern British with William Grinsted
- Thursday 9th: Quick, Easy & Impressive Entertaining with Mark David
- Monday 3rd: Authentic Italian with Ursula Ferrigno
- Wednesday 5th: French Provincial with Peter Bayless
- Tuesday 11th: Cooking for Beginners 1 with Mark Webb
- Wednesday 13th: Brilliant Baking with Mark Webb
- Saturday 15th: Summer Dinner Party with Mark Webb
- Monday 17th: Modern Vegetarian with William Grinsted
- Wednesday 19th: French Patisserie with Peter Bayless
- Friday 21st: Introduction to Thai with Oi Cheepchaiissara
Posted: 5 April 2013 by Jessica Chapman
We are delighted to announce that we have partnered up with Suttons Seeds to create a flourishing cookery school herb garden on the beautiful Braxted Park estate.
Suttons Seeds has very kindly donated 50 packs of assorted herbs for us to sow in an attempt to create a fabulous garden boasting a variety of herbs. Our students will be able to take a stroll through the beautiful Walled Garden to come pick their own to use in their cooking- a solution that would be great in the long term.
When the herb seeds are sown, who knows what will be next, perhaps we'll try our hand at vegetables or fruit...Let’s just hope we don't see any more snow and the temperature warms up!
For more updates on our gardening and cookery class activities, click here to sign up to our monthly newsletter.